WESTFIELD, Mass – Saturday afternoon the Bucs traveled to Westfield for their final game of the 2019 season. The MASCAC leading Owls downs the Bucs 8-0.
Final: Owls 8, Buccaneers 0
Records: Mass Maritime 4-13 (1-6 MASCAC)
Westfield State 11-5-1 (6-1-0 MASCAC)
For The Bucs
- The Bucs had just one shot in the game which came from the foot of Anna Deely (Marstons Mills, Mass).
- Freshman goalkeeper Paige Albertson (Nantucket, Mass) faced a barrage of shots in the game. She made 29 saves and allowed eight goals on 37 total shots faced.
For The Owls
- Julia Templeman scored twice for the Owls in the game.
- Six other players, Lydia Kinsman, Abby Baker, Jenn Rennich, Madison Dufries, and Jana Paecht, all scored for Westfield.
- Rennich tallied three assists in the game while Kinsman, Baker and Marissa McGue each recorded an assist as well.
- Goalkeeper Lauryn Davis faced one shots and made the save.
How It Happened
Westfield scored four goals in the first half, opening the scoring in the fourth minute on Templeman's first of the day. Dufries scored her goal from Rennich in the 11th minute to make the score 2-0. The third Owl goal came five minutes later in the 16th minute from Kinsman. Rennich scored her goal after assisting on the previous two in the 29th minute to make the score 4-0 which would be the score at the half.
The Owls doubled their tally in the second half beginning with an own goal by the Buccaneers in the 55th minute. Templeman scored her second in the 63rd minute on a pass from Rennich for her third assist of the day. Paecht would score in the 70th minute and Baker scored Westfield's eighth in the 71st minute. The game would end 8-0 Owls.