FRAMINGHAM, Mass – Buccaneer women's soccer traveled to Framingham on Saturday morning to take on the Rams in MASCAC play. The 0-1 in conference Bucs fell to the Ram, 5-0.
Final: Rams 5, Buccaneers 0
Records: Mass Maritime 1-8 (0-2 MASCAC)
Framingham State 2-5-1 (2-0-0 MASCAC)
For The Bucs
- Senior Jessica Baldassini (Middleboro, Mass) led the Bucs with three shots, two on goal.
- Freshman Jackie Damery (Plympton, Mass), junior Sasha Alves (Freetown, Mass) and junior Colleen Sullivan (Braintree, Mass) each had a shot on target.
- Freshman goalkeeper Paige Alberton (Nantucket, Mass) mad 14 saves on 19 shots faced, allowing the five Ram goals.
For The Rams
- Five players scored for Framingham in the game, including senior Stephanie Beaumont who scored and had one of four assists.
- Laura Kozlowski, Jasmine Lees, Erin Angelillo, and Kaleigh Pallotta all scored a goal in the game.
- Goalkeeper Madison Brown saved all five shots she faced.
How It Happened
Framingham opened the scoring in the 20th minute on Beaumont's goal, unassisted, which would become the game winner. Six minutes later, the rams made it 2-0 on Angelillo's strike. The Buccaneers and Rams went to the half with Framingham leading 2-0 and outshooting the Bucs 16-3 in the first half.
In the second half, the on slot of shots from the Rams continued as they took 20 shots to Maritime's five. Framingham also scored three times on those 20 shots in the half, in the 65th minute on a shot from Pallotta, the 78th minute on a Lees strike and late in the game in the 89th minute when Kozlowski closed out the game with a goal of her own.
The Buccaneers welcome Bridgewater State to Clean Harbors Stadium on Friday, October 4th at 7pm for a MASCAC clash in Buzzards Bay.