BUZZARDS BAY, Mass – Monday night, the Bay Path Wildcats visited Taylor's Point to take on the Buccaneers. Each team had their chances throughout the 90-minute affair and only the Wildcats could find their way through, squeaking out a 1-0 win over the Buccaneers.
Final: Wildcats 1, Buccaneers 0
Records: Mass Maritime 1-7 (0-1 MASCAC)
Bay Path 5-2
For The Bucs
- Six different players took shots on goal tonight for the hosts with Ariel Damery (Plympton, Mass) leading the way with two of her own.
- In total, the Bucs took 11 shots, seven on target.
- Goalkeeper Paige Albertson (Nantucket, Mass) made eight saves in the game and allowed the one goal.
For The Wildcats
- Senior Joanna Feliciano (Springfield, Mass) scored the only goal of the night on her only shot on target.
- Junior Jennifer Wilson (Tolland, Conn) was credited with the assist on the Feliciano goal.
- Bay Path took 19 shots total, nine on goal.
- Goalkeeper Emma Martin (Palmer, Mass) made seven saves on seven shots faced to earn the shutout win.
How It Happened
The Buccaneers sat back and let the Wildcats attack at the beginning of the game. As time passed they push the counter-attack, attempting to get the ball over the top to Damery who kept herself on the hip of the last defender. Unable to get an attack on the other end, the Buc defense held strong until the 20th minute when Feliciano found a gap in the Maritime defense and found the back of the net to put the Wildcats up 1-0. That 1-0 Bay Path advantage would remain the score for the final 70 minutes of the game as neither team was able to score on and of their chances.
Maritime is on the road for their next game on Saturday, September 28th against Framingham State in conference play. The game kicks off at 11am.